RFID reading distance depends on several factors including:
• Size of the tag’s antenna
• Tag chip
• Tags orientation in the reader field
• Strength of the reader field
• Environmental factors like metal, water or other material around the tag
• LF, HF and UHF near-field tags typically have a reading distance of ~1 ft (30 cm).
• UHF far-field tags typically have a reading distance of several m/ft but are strongly dependent on the environment.
• NFC Tags (HF) are designed for near-field communication with a smartphone or similar device and typically have a reading distance of ~1 in (2 cm).