Russia plans to spend 3 billion rubles to develop RFID technology to support digital economy projects
The Russian Ministry of Communications announced the final version of the "Wireless Technology" roadmap. The document is a digital economy programme prepared by the National Information Technology Center “Rosteh” state-owned company as part of the National Digital Technology Federal Project.
PAN technology (personal area network) includes automatic identification and data collection techniques through radio waves. The main technology is RFID. The estimated allocation is up to 3 billion rubles.
Funding for the development of RFID technology will be used for the following purposes:
1. Develop a radio module supporting OFDMA in DL/UL MU-MIMO
2. Develop micro, small and medium-sized enterprises to develop 90nm flash memory technology
3. Develop microcircuits with certain sensitivity (20/-23 dBMm)
4. Establishment of Russian APL RFID antenna production facility
5. Develop a cryptographic processor for RFID tags